Company Summary :
ATXA’s lead drug, NTP42, is at early-to-mid stage clinical development and has been successfully tested in the initial First-in-Human (FIH) Phase 1 clinical trial in 79 healthy male volunteers. ATXA is a pre-revenue company but its progress on NTP42 through various clinical milestones has brought it closer to being “Phase II Ready”, ahead of actually commencing Phase II clinical trials in PAH patients. Demonstration of NTP42’s clinical efficiency (that it works in patients!) in these Phase II trials, due to run from ~ late 2024 through to late 2026, would boost ATXA’s equity valuation significantly and position the company for lucrative M&A or licencing deals with global pharmaceutical players.
- €15 million has been invested in ATXA,
- Confirmation of NTP42’s drug stability for up to 5 years,
- Development of oral formulation of NTP42 for clinical use successfully achieved.
- Expansion of ATXA’s patented estate (pharma assets) has expanded from 9 granted in 2019 to 15 granted today (including 8 in USA, 3 in Europe, 2 in Japan and 1 each in Canada and Australia)
- 2022 receipt of €2.5M of grant funding from the EC’s Horizon Europe EIC Accelerator program with as further pledge of up to €8M from the prestigious EIC Fund.
- Total accessible market (TAM) for ATXA is the global PAH therapies market, last valued in 2022 at $7.3 billion and expected to grow to $9.5 billion by 2027.
- Based on the total number of PAH patients globally (300,000 – 500, 000), the TAM for NTP42 could be significantly higher, valued in the range of $13.7 billion to $22.8 billion.